Protecting Your Information
General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) And Opting Out (Type 1)
There has been a lot attention in the media lately regarding Patients information being extracted from GP surgeries and you, the patient being able to opt-out of having any of your personal identifiable information being collected and used.
NHS Digital have produced a notice on why this information will be collected and the option to exercise a type 1 opt-out, please click here for more details, there is additional information regarding your data at your-nhs-data-matters and the Privacy Notice here.
Alternatively, you can download and print out a Type 1 opt-out form here and return to the practice reception before data sharing starts with NHS Digital on 1st September 2021, please note;
If you register a Type 1 Opt-out after your patient data has already been shared with NHS Digital, no more of your data will be shared with NHS Digital. NHS Digital will however still hold the patient data which was shared with them before you registered the Type 1 Opt-out
COVID-19 Transparency Notice
Beckington Family Practice’s data security and protection policies are available upon request.
Beckington Family Practice complies with the NHS National Data Opt-out Programme. More infomation can be found here: your-nhs-data-matters
Your medical record is a lifelong history of your health. It can include
- Personal data, such as name, address, date of birth, NHS number
- Diseases, treatments and consultation notes
- Prescriptions, medicines and any reactions to medication in the past
- Information about allergies
- Medical test results, such as blood tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, screening tests etc.
- Letters from hospitals and other third parties
You can help to keep it accurate by informing us of any changes of name, address, telephone numbers, marital status and anything else that may be relevant to your health.
If you leave this practice’s list, your record will be sent to Primary Care Support England for forwarding to your new GP. If you move out of our practice area, please inform us of your new address and register with another GP. If you leave the country, please let us know. You can ask for a summary copy of your record to take with you.
Privacy Notice – How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please select these links below for further information: